Thursday 1 February 2007

Rail graphics

Objective: Develop common mark to identify railroad and rail stations on the SL map. Gemeral method illistrated by HOBO sign floating above Hobo Village in Calleta. Easily visibile on map in close view. With a little help from my friends, I decided to try the standard map graphic for RR. That is a line with crossing bars, like ties. I made one in red and have put it up over Thinkerer Studios (over the GLSR on Thinkerer Studios). Next time they remake the map, we wil be able to see how visible it is.

I propose that the RR station symbol be crossed rails, with each arm being 20 meters (2 prims) long. I will make one in a day or so for Paddy to test. I am leaving leaving sample markers on the ground at Thinkerer Studios, free to copy. That is for anybody who wants to take some and try them.

No comments: